Tuesday 27 February 2018

Is Cold Season Over Yet?


Today I wanted to share the oils that I used to support my body and my immune system during my recent cold.  I know a lot of people don't necessarily know how to use their oils and so they aren't as beneficial to them as they could be when they are actually needed.  I used to be that person.  I find that colds have gotten so much worse as I get older, is that just me?  They used to not bother me, but now that I'm older, I'm not sure if it's the age or the fact that I still have to function, but I find them so draining.  I utilized oils when I started to feel myself getting sick and during my actual illness.  By no means am I saying that oils can cure a cold.  However, I was amazed by how I felt they supported my body and immune system during the cold.  

One thing I've noticed since using oils is that I'm so much more aware of what's going on with my body.  I have felt more energized and just felt better physically lately, and so when I start to feel tired and run down, and get a little scratch in my throat, I know that I'm getting sick.  So that's when the cold protocol starts!

Ideally I would use an immunity blend on a daily basis, and maybe I would fight off sickness better.  But I'm terrible at actually doing this.  So when my throat starts to hurt, I roll on my immunity roller a few times a day.  With a sore throat I put it directly on my neck, but you could put it on your chest, the bottoms of your feet or down your spine.  My immunity roller is in a 10mL roller bottle and contains 7 drops each of Frankincense, On Guard, Tea Tree and Lemon oil.  If you are missing any of those though, you can do it without.  And really, just on guard would be fine too!

I started making sure I was drinking a lot of water with a drop of lemon in it to soothe my throat.

I diffuse On Guard in the house as well to kill germs.  The best oil to diffuse when you have a cold though is Easy Air or Breathe.  It's a respiratory blend and so it clears you up.  It was amazing, I put about 4 drops of Easy Air and 2 drops of Lavender in my diffuser before bed and it cleared me right up.  I had no trouble sleeping.  A drop of Easy Air in the shower so that it steams up is also amazing.

You can make a congestion roller as well with Easy Air, but what I did was put a drop of ZenGest (or DigestZen) on the tip of my nose.  Guys.  Seriously.  It was amazing.  It cleared up so much congestion! 

The key with oils is frequent use.  You can't run a diffuser once with Easy Air or use ZenGest once and expect your cold to disappear.  But every few hours I would reapply/diffuse and it would help.  Your body metabolizes oils quickly, so you can use less oils more frequently. 

To be honest, my cold never got that bad, I think because I was doing all of these things and because I started fighting it off from the beginning.  So next time you get a cold, give a few of these things a try.  (These oils are all in the starter kit, so if you have that you are seriously prepared!)

No comments:

Post a Comment