Thursday 28 December 2017

Those New Years Resolutions


I don't make New Years resolutions.  Because nobody keeps them and I believe that if you want to make a change you should just make it, don't wait until January 1 to do it.

But this year there are a few resolutions that I kind of want to make.  So I guess I do make New Years resolutions after all!

1. Be more intentional with my time. I find it so easy to get home and flop down on the couch.  And I love that, and it's going to be hard to change because after a long day it's how I relax.  But then I think about how much more productive I could be if I was just more intentional with my time.  Work out while I'm watching TV or actually fold the pile of laundry instead of letting it sit next to me (this sounds easier than it is).  Blog in the morning or after the kids go to bed.  Or like right now, after I spent 10 minutes aimlessly trying to find a movie to watch on Netflix and then realized that I have two photobooks that need to be made!  So the goal is to find things that I can be more productive with that better our family life as a whole.

2. Get up at 5:30 am.  Ok, I've been trying to do this since I went back to work.  It works about 2 days a week and I aim for 4.  So I want to try harder.  You see if I would get up at 5:30 I could get a 30-45 minute workout in and then I wouldn't have to worry about working out in the evening.  (Which 100% of the time never happens...)

3. Meal plan.  This has just disappeared since I went back to work.  A lot of it is because I barely have time to grocery shop, and if I don't know when I'm grocery shopping it's hard to plan meals.  So maybe Ryan and I have to make more of an effort to figure out what night I will grocery shop and then I can properly plan my meals.  I also received Shay Shull's Slow Cooker recipe book for Christmas.

Some other goals is to drink more water, go to yoga more and try to get back into reading on a more regular basis!  Since going back to work these things have all kind of disappeared, but they are important!

No comments:

Post a Comment