Thursday 6 April 2017

Cooper at 5 Months

Time is flying with this guy.  We are in a fun stage right now (although really all stages are fun...) because he's extra smiley and really starting to interact with us.  Looking back at the old pictures makes me sad because all of his hair fell out this month.  He looks like a completely different baby, and although he's only been bald for a few weeks I had completely forgotten what he looked like with all of that hair!

Weight: About 17lbs 5oz

Diapers: Size 3

Clothes: I still have him in 3-6 months but I really think that the next size would fit him better.  I've just been putting it off.  My mom put him in a 6-12 month onesie the other day and it didn't look silly.

Feeding: During the day we are every 3-5 hours most of the time.  Sometimes if he doesn't eat as much he will only go 2, but if we are out we can usually spread them out.  He usually eats about 6 times a day.

Sleeping:  We had a week long stretch where he slept through every night, and then for the past week he has been up once a night.  It really doesn't bother me so I don't mind it.  Parker usually wakes in the night anyways, so at this point I barely notice!  He still goes to sleep at night pretty easily in most cases.  He's starting to nap a little bit better.  I notice a fairly consistent morning and afternoon nap, but they are short.  If we are out I can tell that he gets tired and I can put him in his car seat and he will fall asleep.  If we are at home there are a couple times a day that I can get him to sleep for about 45 minutes in his crib.

Milestones: 
Started rolling over last weekend from his back to his tummy.

Grabbing toys and trying to play with them more.

First time being left with someone other than mom or dad.  In the past week I left him with Ryan's mom while I went to appointments, then she also babysat one night while we went out and put him to bed, and this week my mom took him while I went grocery shopping.  So it's been a lot all at once!

Went in the Jolly Jumper and exersaucer.  He hasn't quite gotten either of them figured out but seems to like them.

Likes:
His brother.  Parker gets the most smiles and Cooper really follows him around with his eyes.
The bath.  He's still a big fan!
Diaper changes.  He's not a fan of a dirty diaper, but the second it comes off he's all smiles.
When he pukes all over his clean outfit.  He thinks that's hilarious...

Dislikes:
Tummy time.  And sometimes when he rolls over he gets angry because he really dislikes his tummy.  
When mommy eats supper.

It's been so much fun to watch his personality start to develop.  He's turned into such a smiley little guy.  I like that he's starting to be able to play with toys a little bit and move around a bit more as it gives hims something to do if I can't be playing with him.  I was starting to think that it was getting boring being a baby!  I know these next few months are going to be full of changes and development!  He's going to start sitting up and eating soon and I can't believe how fast the time is going!  Part of me wants it to slow down, but part of me also can't wait to have him and Parker playing together because I think they will have so much fun!

And some of our out-take photos:

Ooooh What's that?
Oops I fell down
Mid Spit Up - gross
He thought the spit up was pretty funny


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment