Monday 13 March 2017

This is 30

I'm 30.

30 is one of those milestone birthdays for sure.  I remember when I turned 20 I heard that it was a good thing because nobody ever wants to go back to their teenage years, but everyone wants to go back to their twenties.  The twenties are full of fun times, finding yourself.

Well I've found myself.  And although it's crazy to me that I'm 30, I'm looking forward to these years.  I think that aging is difficult if you aren't where you want to be in life.  But I'm exactly where I want to be.  I had fun in my twenties, but those early years were also difficult.  My goal was to get married and have a couple of kids by the time I was 30.  And that's where I am.  I've been married for 5 years, I have 2 amazing kids and a good job.  So going into my thirties I'm incredibly happy with where I am.

I look forward to the next 10 years.  To watching my children grow, to travelling with my husband, to start spending time at the arena every night (ok I'm not actually looking forward to that, but I'm sure it will be fine once I'm there).  

With that being said, I had a fantastic day.  I spent the day at Adventure Room with my family, where we didn't escape, but we did have a lot of fun.  We went out for dinner and then back to my parents house for presents and cheesecake.  I got a necklace from the kids and stacking rings from Ryan, my brother and sister and my parents.  I also got the Ed Sheeran CD today (and this morning was able to get tickets to his Toronto concert, which I'm really excited about despite not typically being a concert lover).

It was a great day and I'm hoping that it means that my thirties are going to be fantastic.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment