Saturday 7 January 2017

Cooper at 2 Months Old

Cooper is already 2 months! How did that happen? He's a pretty easy going baby and I think we are pretty lucky that he's ours!

Weight: 11lbs 12 oz

Height: 22.5 inches

Feeding: He will eat anywhere from anywhere 2-4 hours. Lately he has really spread them out. He can do a 5 hour stretch at night, which makes mama happy.

Sleep: During the day he sleeps like a champ. The night has been a bit more of a struggle. For awhile it was really hard to get him down at night. He would cluster feed until after midnight. Every time he fell asleep and I put him down he would wake up. Currently he is going down okay and the past couple nights actually fell asleep on his own in his crib.  But then he often is awake for a long stretch in the night. He typically wakes up around 3am but I have had nights where he has been awake until 5:30. Luckily Ryan has been off so I have been able to sleep in.
He really wanted to sit up on his own

We moved him to his crib at 8 weeks and he's doing well there.  I think that helps with him falling asleep on his own because I don't jump every time he makes a peep.

Last night he actually slept through the night!  He was in our bed, so it's only half a win...but still, it's a step in the right direction.

Milestones: 
He is smiling but is stingy with them. I want more smiles!
Sleeping a longer stretch at night.
A little bit of cooing. 

Likes: 
The bath now that I'm putting him right in the water instead of on the sling.
Boobs - the kid loves to eat


Dislikes:
Not being fed
Bed time
That's about it, he only fusses if he's hungry and is fussy at night when I want him to go to bed.

His big brother loves him. We hear "baby sad" all the time, which doesn't mean the baby is sad necessarily as Cooper can be sleeping when he says it. He likes to show him off to people and give him kisses and hugs. He tries to help bath him, put lotion or his boots on.  It's really sweet. Luckily, Cooper is tough because Parker can be a bit rough with him if we aren't careful.

I know it only gets better from here and the next couple of months will be fun as Cooper starts interacting more. I can't wait until he can interact with Parker and I'm sure they will be best buds!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment