Monday 5 September 2016

Pregnancy - 27 Weeks


  • Apparently I'm 7 months pregnant.  I found this thing online that tells me that, I thought I was only 6 months, so it's like I gained a month all at once!  Seriously, that month calculation is really difficult for pregnant people...
  •  I had my glucose test at the beginning of this week.  Good news, I don’t have gestational diabetes.  Bad news, my iron is low.  It’s not actually that big of a deal, I just have to take iron supplements.  I don’t mind the orange drink and was more just bored sitting there waiting for the hour
  • We went camping at the Pinery.  It was fun but I was disappointed that I couldn’t do all the things I wanted to do when we booked it.  I wanted to bike and hike and go paddle boarding.  Maybe next year….
  • I haven’t been feeling great at all.  I had an appointment with my midwife this week and kind of broke down.  I feel like a lot of stuff has been building up between work stress, and stress getting ready for this baby, plus worrying about having another preemie.  My body hasn’t been feeling great, which makes me more nervous for having this baby early.  So I’m getting an ultrasound next week and at 32 weeks to check on my cervix length.  She’s hoping that gives me some piece of mind if it comes back that it’s not thinning out.  
  • I have an irritable uterus.  Turns out I had it last time too, I just didn’t realize what it was.  But this time it’s worse and has started earlier.  It’s the tight crampy feeling that I get below my belly and is kind of constant contractions.  It’s caused by stress, exercise, lifting heavy objects, dehydration…so basically everything I do.  
  • I’m supposed to take it easy.  And I’m not good at listening to advice like that.  It’s not that I’m overly active and trying to do a million things, but I do like to do stuff on my own and I don’t like to ask for help with things that I feel I should be able to do.  So that’s difficult for me.
  • For now, my focus needs to be on keeping this baby inside.  I’m trying to take it one week at a time, as every day is better for the baby, and at this point I’m just hoping to make it to 34 weeks.  Once we get there we can focus on keeping the baby in until full term!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment