Saturday 20 August 2016

Lions and Elephants and Giraffes...Oh My!

There are no tigers or bears at the African Lion Safari...hence the title change in this post.  But that didn't matter because we had a great time!

I kind of organized this work picnic at the African Lion Safari.  I thought that Parker would enjoy it, and boy was I right!  He had a blast!

We started out the day by driving through the game reserve in the bus.  I wasn't taking my own car through there, that's for sure!  Parker was totally enthralled with the animals.  He enjoyed it so much more than the zoo.  I think maybe because they weren't cooped up so they were a bit more lively and there were generally more of them.  

 My favourites were the lions.  I couldn't believe the size of the mane on the male lion!  It was really cool to see.  The baboons are always fun too though, when it's not your car that they are pulling apart that is...
 Parker had his typical expression.  "Oooh.  What's that!"
 As part of our picnic package we got a close up encounter with an elephant and a baby camel.  The elephant's name was George and the camel was Dewey.  
Parker liked them.  But he also liked to play with the pilon.

 After lunch it was splash pad time.  This kid loves the water!  I eventually had to make him get out because he was shivering and his fingers were white and looked like raisins.  He would of stayed in there all day.




 Parker was asleep about 2 minutes down the road.  And 3 hours later he's still sleeping...which is why I actually have time to blog about this!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment