Saturday 28 May 2016

May 24 Cottage Adventures

Last weekend we went up to the cottage for May 24 and let me tell you, the little man had a ball!  This summer will be so much different than last summer.  It will be more difficult in that Parker is very mobile and so will need constant supervision.  But it will also be so much fun, because Parker just loves it outside!  


Elf on a shelf?

Maybe he's musically inclined like his uncle
 Every May 24 there is an annual canoe trip down the river.  Parker is way too young to go, but we decided that he could canoe across the lake and I would pick him up at the bridge.  Just a short 10 minute canoe ride!  I wasn't really prepared for it, so I didn't bring his blue lifejacket.  He wasn't impressed with the pink one.
 But once he was in the canoe he was very content!
 It was definitely a smaller crew this year than usual, a lot of people had other plans, but I think they all had a good time anyways!


 The whole family isn't up every weekend, just long weekends, but I loved having the other kids there to play with Parker!  Parker thought that he was one of the big kids and he didn't even notice that they gave him a smaller noodle for the noodle fight!  He had a great time running around the lawn playing with the kids.

We are so lucky to have a close family and I feel even luckier that the other kids love Parker.  They don't see him as the annoying little cousin, they really love to take care of him and play with him.  I even had my 7 year old cousin make him breakfast one morning!  Bonus!



 It was a great weekend and I'm looking really forward to the rest of the summer!  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment