Thursday 14 January 2016

Back to Work

Pictures from Parker's day, because it looks more interesting than my day at the office

Yesterday was my first day back to work.  And I survived, and Parker survived, and his Grams survived.

So although my maternity leave goes until January 25, I'm working one day this week and one day next week so that I only have to leave for one day at a time.  And I think that it was a successful plan because I really didn't freak out too much about it.

Of course Parker woke up at 5:40 yesterday morning, which is unheard of for him.  The day that I had to get up earlier than I was used to and I didn't even get to sleep until 6:30 like I had planned.  Plus I told work and my mom that I wasn't expecting to be at work until 9 so we had a ton of time to just hang out on the couch before I had to leave.

Once I was at work, I was much more comfortable than I thought I would be.  I really do enjoy my job, and it was nice to use my brain for more than trying to think of what mischief Parker would get into next.  (Although honestly trying to out think a one year old is probably more difficult than being an accountant.)

Grams sent me updates throughout the day and Parker seemed to be having a great time.  I'm curious to see once I go back for good if he figures out that I'm leaving him for a whole day and we might have more issues.  Plus he will be going to a babysitters so he won't know her as well as he knows my mom.  

When I got back to pick him up, he seemed like he didn't really care at first.  Then I left the room to go to the bathroom and he started bawling.  So I guess I can leave him once, but I can't come back and tease him and leave again!

So overall, day one was a success.  Parker is a bit of a mama's boy, so I know that us not being together all day every day will be good for him, but that doesn't mean that I won't miss the little guy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment