Tuesday 24 November 2015

Parker at 10 Months

My baby is 10 months old and I honestly don't know where the time has gone.  I'm excited for the stages that are approaching but am not excited about the fact that I go back to work in 2 months.  This mom thing is tough, but is much more fulfilling than I thought it would be.  I'm scared about how I will fit everything in when I go back to work.  So let's just try not to think about it quite yet...

Weight: 13lbs 4 oz and 26 inches tall

Feeding:  Parker still eats fairly often throughout the day.  He is easily distracted and gets bored so I think he eats little bits at a time.  Feeding him in public has become a challenge because he eats for about a minute and then wants to see what's going on around him.  He still won't really take a bottle.  He will eat about 2 ounces and then quits.

He's eating his solids better.  His favourites are chicken with mixed vegetables and avocado.  He had a bit of rice pudding the other night and couldn't get enough of it!  I'm hoping the avocado will fatten him up.  He has 2-3 meals a day.


Sleeping:  Ahhhh sleep.  Parker still wakes once a night most nights to eat.  And it's not just a quick snack either, he would be happy to eat for 45 minutes if I let him!  I'm not a fan of this trend.  He will still usually sleep til around 8am though.  

He typically naps twice a day still at around 10am and 2pm for anywhere from an hour to three hours.


Milestones: Parker rolls where he wants to go.  He tries to crawl  and a few times has moved a little bit but then he falls and remembers what he can whip across the floor much quicker by rolling.  The cat doesn't understand what's happened and why he can get her now.

He can pull himself into a standing position if he's sitting and he has something to grab onto.  Couches are too high for him but he can do it on a hamper or in his crib.  He can't do it from laying down so we don't have a problem when we put him to bed.

Started waving.  At first he just stuck his arm straight out and then started waving the whole arm.

We have a tooth!  I had wondered over the past few weeks if he was teething but at 10 months I had kind of given up and figured he would just never get teeth.  Then one day I stuck my finger in his mouth and there's a sharp little tooth in there!

Parker went into the church nursery for the first time this month.  I thought I would get called in at some point because he would fuss, but nope!  He just sat there for the service and played with a rattle.  We also had our first non family babysitter.  Parker did great with her as well and went right to bed for her!
This is how most of our photoshoots go these days...

He's definitely a busy little bee and as a typical boy can always find the things he shouldn't get into.  There can be 10 toys on the floor but he wants to play with cords or touch the fireplace....  I think he's going to keep me on my toes!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment