Thursday 25 June 2015

Parker at 5 months

Weight: Around 9lbs 13 oz

Eyes:  I'm pretty sure they are changing to hazel, which I love.  I have hazel eyes and Ryan has blue eyes and since so far Parker looks 100% like his daddy and nothing like me, I would like to get those hazel eyes!


Clothes: Parker is in 0-3 month clothes but probably won't be for too much longer as I'm thinking he's going to be too long for them soon.  But I always say that and then 6 weeks later he's still in the same size.

Diapers:  Still size 1.  But I have increased the size of some of his cloth diapers as they seemed to be a bit snug.
 Feeding: On demand, so every 2-4 hours during the day.  His morning bottle he has taken up to 6 oz and since I don't usually give him bottles later in the day, I didn't realize that he was eating more then too.  When he stayed at his grandma's overnight he ate a 5oz and a 6oz bottle in the evening.

He's sometimes a bit distracted when he's eating, which I find hilarious.  He will stop and look up at me and smile.  He's starting to get quite the little personality.

Sleep: He's still a super sleeper at night and will usually wake up between 7:30-8:30.  I'm really trying to get him to nap consistently during the day but it's not going very well.  You wouldn't want to miss anything!  He tends to just fall asleep when he wants, and when I actually try to put him down for a nap it never works!  Most of the time that's fine, but sometimes it backfires if we have somewhere to be because if he hasn't napped he gets cranky.

Likes: Holding onto toys and blankets.  Shoving anything and everything into his mouth.  Sucking his thumb/hand.  Bath time.  Being naked.  TV.  

Loves mornings!  I go into his room and if he's awake he gives me the biggest smile.  He's usually pretty happy for a bit before he gets fussy to be fed.  Then after that first feeding he's the happiest baby I've ever seen, non stop smiles!

Dislikes:  Tummy time.  Naps.   

Milestones:   He rolls over a bit more now.  But still often gets stuck on his hand.  He rolls over the most when nobody is paying attention to him.  If he has someone looking at him he's content on his back.

The other night my mom was talking to him and he just started laughing at her.  It was the funniest sound although I'm not sure what it was that he found so funny!  So then of course we had my entire family standing around him laughing at him.  Nothing like being the first baby and getting all the attention...

Firsts:
He had his first sleepover at Grandma and Grandpas.  He was a very good boy for them!

First time swimming and camping.


First wedding. 

Dear Parker:
You are such a happy easy going baby and I don't know what I did to deserve a baby like you!  You bring me so much happiness every single day.  I can't wait to watch you grow and develop every day and yet I want you to stay my teeny tiny baby forever.  You are developing such a little personality, which looks funny in a 10 lb baby, but I love it!  Thank you for making me a mother.  It's the best job in the world, and even though the only payment I get is baby smiles, it's totally worth it.  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment