Monday 27 April 2015

The Nursery

So when I found out I was pregnant, I already had my nursery planned.  But then I didn't want to jinx anything by actually setting it up.

My mom and dad gave us the gift of our crib, which I am so thankful for.  She told me to just go ahead and get the one I wanted from Pottery Barn when we were in the States last August.  I was only 10 weeks pregnant! Craziness.  But I did it because not only was the crib on sale, but since we had been across the border for 2 days we didn't have to pay duty.  Plus we had the truck.  (You can buy this crib at Pottery Barn in Canada but it was like $200 more).  Then the crib sat in our basement for awhile because I refused to start the nursery until after our 20 week ultrasound!

The dresser I found used on Kijiji and saved about $70.  The room is much too small to have an actual change table, so using the dresser as a change table is perfect for us.  I know some people don't use them at all in the nursery, but I have never changed Parker's diaper anywhere but on the table.  Because we have a bungalow it's convenient to just go to the nursery for any diaper changes rather than having diapers and wipes stashed all over the house.


Luckily, we did get a good start on the nursery, so it was pretty much ready despite Parker's early arrival.  All of the furniture was in, it was just the small details such as decorations and a closet organizer that needed to be done.  Honestly I'm still working on some of the small details but I just couldn't wait any longer to share.

I fell in love with the look and price of this glider.  (I got it on sale for $350!)  But actually getting it was tricky.  I didn't want to buy it too early and then when I actually did go to buy it, it was backordered.  At one point it wasn't even on the website anymore and I was afraid it had been discontinued!  Luckily it eventually came back.

I made the mobile and am so happy with how it turned out.  

I bought the You are My Sunshine prints when we decided to start trying for a baby.  It was the one thing that I let myself give in and buy because I knew no matter how long it might take I wanted them.

I love Parker's nursery.  I find it very serene.  I wanted something that I enjoyed being in.  I'm not into all of the baby prints and bedding.  Because honestly Parker could care less what it looked like!

Crib: Pottery Barn
Crib Sheet: Target Canada
Crib Skirt: Material is from Hobby Lobby but my mom made it
Side Table: Old Soul Resale
Lamp: gift
Glider: Babies R Us
Shelf above glider: Ikea
Picture Frames with Parker pictures: Homesense
Parker's newborn pictures: JVL Photography
Owl on Shelf: Scentsy
Lion on Shelf: From Mexico
Baby Age Blocks: Indigo/Chapters
Dresser: Ikea
Change pad cover: Target Canada
Curtains: Target US
Blackout blind: Ikea
Diaper Pail: Ubbi
Book Shelves: Ikea Photo Ledges
You Are My Sunshine Prints: LilyGene Prints Etsy
You Are My Sunshine Frames: Ikea - Ribba
Crib Mobile: DIY - tutorial here
Poof Foot Rest - Target Canada



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I made the same type of mobile, and now I am seeing them everywhere - I guess we all found that idea at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Love how it all come together! xo

    ReplyDelete