Monday 29 December 2014

It's Christmas Time, Well It Was...

It's hard to believe that Christmas has already come and gone.  Time just flies the older you get.  

We had an amazing Christmas.  We are very traditional this time of year.  On December 23 we go to my church's Christmas Eve service.  (They have 1 on the 23rd and 3 services on the 24th!)  I love their service, it's full of amazing music and this year they told the Christmas story through the eyes of Joseph, which was neat. 

On the 24th we go to my in-laws.  It's just the six of us plus a german shepherd and a cat and it's always very cozy and intimate.  My favourite part is that every year we watch Garfield's Christmas.  It's become a tradition that we can't miss out on! 

Then before we know it, Christmas morning is here!  Ryan and I start off by opening gifts from each other at our house.  


 Since my brother and sister still live at home, we then head down to my parents (who live about 30 seconds away) and continue on there.  It's just like Christmas morning growing up.  Except for it takes longer because we all try to make it last as long as possible.  One present at a time, and then closer we get to being done the slower we go.  We even stopped for breakfast in the middle of it.  

My mom goes a bit nuts at Christmas as you can see.  But we love it, we all love giving, and of course receiving isn't so bad either.  
 Oliver wasn't a fan of Christmas.  He didn't really understand what was going on and didn't want to be in the room for it.  So he took his new toy and hid under the kitchen table for most of the morning.
 This year on Christmas day we then went to my Grandma's on my mom's side for Christmas dinner.  They are what I would call the low key side of the family.  Because on Boxing Day we headed to the cottage for dinner with the gang below.
 There were 30 of us for Christmas dinner.  My grandma kept saying that it was very loud.  She was right.  But we wouldn't want it any other way.  We ate, we played the gift stealing game (I ended up with a Starbucks mug and a $20 Starbucks card!  Guess where mine and the babies first outing will be to!)  
 We stayed up for a few days and continued to eat and play games.  I had my first experience with Cards Against Humanity.  Some people thought you had to be drunk to play, well let me tell you that you don't.  But I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt.  This is not a game for the easily offended.  Luckily I have an insanely inappropriate family and not much offends us!

So there's my Christmas in a nutshell.  6 days of crazy goodness.  See ya next year Christmas!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment