Thursday 4 December 2014

December

LETS DO THIS girls week joeys home! knicks game BEYONCE Christmas New Years :)

Three weeks from today is Christmas morning.  Isn't that crazy?  Where has the time gone?  Oh and four weeks from now we are in a whole new year.  

This past weekend we went to our local Santa Clause Parade.  We have a night parade and I absolutely love it.  It's so much fun to see all of the floats lit up with Christmas lights.  We met up with some friends there, who have a 6 year old and a 2 and a half year old.  The younger boy was so excited to see Santa.  He got up on his dad's shoulder and just kept looking for Santa.  Finally he saw him and just started yelling "Santa! Santa!" and waving.  I had forgotten the magic that is Christmas for children.  Kids fully believe that Santa Clause is real and that the one riding on a local float is the real deal!  And the look on his face when he saw Santa reminded me of that. 

For adults the magic is different.  Unfortunately I have come to the realization that there is no Santa Clause. Although some days I try really hard to believe it.  But for us it's the feeling that we get this season.  There's something about it that just makes me happy.  Giving to others, being with friends and family, and just the general joy that seems to be in the air.

The other night as I was driving home from work, it was snowing lightly.  The road was so pretty.  Then I had a baby start kicking me from inside, and I felt truly blessed.  There are so many things that I'm thankful for.  But this year, I'm mostly thankful for what I'm experiencing right now.  There are some days that are harder than others, but a year ago I was questioning whether I would ever get to experience pregnancy.  And I'm truly happy that it's something that happened for me.  What I went through to get to pregnancy is nothing compared to what some people are going through trying to start their family.  And that little kicking 2 pound ball of baby is a daily reminder that I have so much to be thankful for.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment