Tuesday 9 December 2014

Bump Date: 28 Weeks


  • Baby is the size of a head of lettuce and weighs about 2 1/4 pounds
  • This week the babies hair is growing.  But according to my heartburn that started weeks ago I'm pretty sure it's been growing for awhile!
  • I miss being able to exercise hard and really push myself.  I feel like I could push myself more, but at the same time I don't want to push to hard.  
  • Some of my maternity pants felt tight this week.  I don't like that.
  • I was really tired this past week.  Especially last Sunday I could barely function and then got emotional, or hormonal or maybe I was just over tired.  I have no idea!  But I've also felt kind of off all week like I'm fighting off a flu or a cold.  'Tis the season I guess.  
  • I thought maybe I had low iron, but since i had blood work last week for my glucose test they tested my hemoglobin as well.  Both tests came back fine!
  • Baby kicks so much these days and I'm loving that the kicks are higher up in my belly. 
  • This week I have my ultrasound to check whether my cervix is far enough away from the placenta.  At my 20 week ultrasound it was pretty close to where it needs to be so I'm pretty confident that it will be fine.
  • This week we were at the bank and asked if we had any dependents.  Ryan said no.  And then said "Well just one in the belly."  I thought it was the funniest way to describe it!
  • I watched a birth video this week.... like it showed everything.  I was scarred and I kind of wanted to never have to do that.  But I guess it's too late for that.  I thought the video would prepare me since I feel completely clueless, but now I'm just scared!
  • It's crazy to look back at what I looked like at 8 weeks and 18 weeks and how much I've changed.  I look at what I looked like when I first got pregnant and it's hard to believe that my body looked like that.  I'm kind of used to this Buddha belly now.  



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We watched a birth video in class one time and now I'm seriously anxious about the possibility of getting pregnant just because I know what I'll be going through! I tend to remind myself that it's a process women have been going through for a long, long time without medicine so I sort give my pep talk saying, "you know, if Mary could do it in a stable you can probably handle it with modern medicine." Haha! You look great by the way. I love seeing how much your hair has grown since you started your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete