Wednesday 3 September 2014

Pregnancy Weeks 4-7

I'm going to post a bunch of my weekly reports in a couple of posts.  These aren't overly exciting, but I know early in my pregnancy I liked to see what other people were experiencing!  Overall I have been feeling really great and felt fairly good throughout my entire first trimester. 


4 Weeks

 How far along:  4 Weeks
Starting Weight: 140 lbs
Measurements: Waist 28.5”, Chest 34.5”, Hips 35”
Exercise: Skipped the TABATA workout the night I found out because I was worried it was too strenuous.  And the worrying begins
Symptoms:  No spotting prior to period like I would usually have, my back broke out this past week, not sure if that’s related or not  
What I miss:  I’m just thinking that not drinking this summer is going to be tricky.  I’m not a big drinker, but I’m known to have a glass of wine in most situations.  Two cottage weekends are going to be tricky to hide…But it’s totally worth it and I’m so happy
What I'm looking forward to:  Confirming the pregnancy at the doctor’s and getting through the first trimester so I don’t have to worry and can tell everyone.  Oh and a baby bump, I can’t wait to have one!
Best moment this week: Finding out we’re having a baby!
Dad Says:  It’s about time!

To Baby: Your father and I have been hoping for you for what seems like forever now and we honestly thought this day would never come.  We can’t wait to meet you 9 months from now!

5 Weeks

Due date: February 28, 2015 
How far along:  5 weeks
Next appointment:  July 21 – Both an ultrasound and an 8 week appointment
Exercise: Trying to maintain my exercising while I’m still feeling good.  Did a mix of weights, yoga, used my spin bike and went for some outdoor bike rides at the cottage
Sleep: Already having to get up to use the washroom sometimes in the middle of the night, which is very unlike me.  Trying to train myself to sleep on my side early, but so far it’s not working.  I think I’m going to have to get one of those special pillows.
Symptoms:  At the beginning of the week every time I ate a big meal I felt really sick.  Apparently even this early in pregnancy you digestion can change.  My boobs.  OMG they hurt.  It feels like there are weights in them, it hurts to lie on them and they are hard.  My back is still broken out like I’m a 13 year old boy.
What I miss:  Nothing really!
What I'm loving:  I love that my boobs hurt.  Don’t get me wrong, part of it sucks when it hurts to lie on them, but I love being able to feel that something is changing.
What I'm looking forward to:  Getting out of the first trimester.  I’m trying not to get too stressed or let my anxiety take over, but I just want to feel like everything is going to go well.
Best moment this week: Having the doctor confirm that I’m actually pregnant.  So surreal!

6 Weeks


Due date:  February 28, 2014
How far along:  6 weeks
Next appointment:  July 21
Exercise: Didn’t exercise too much last week, mostly cardio actually on my bike.  I’m trying to figure out what the best mix of exercise is during pregnancy.  I don’t want to do too much or too little.
Symptoms:  Boobs are still super sore.  Gassy (nice I know) I find that when doing cardio I was getting out of breath pretty quickly, which surprised me that it happened so early on
What I miss:  Nothing yet!
What I'm loving:  Still loving the sore boobs because they are the only thing that really makes me feel pregnant right now
What I'm looking forward to:  Our ultrasound and hearing the babies heartbeat
Dad says: “I think we’re going to have a baby” (Apparently it took him 2 weeks to catch on”

7 Weeks

Due date: February 28, 2015  
How far along:  7 weeks
Babies progress: Baby is the size of a chickpea. 
Next appointment:  July 21
Exercise: Not sure what the right amount of exercise is still this week.  Trying not to work out every day as that’s not supposed to be good for the baby.  Still doing abs and exercises lying on my back while I can. 
Sleep: Getting up in the middle of the night to pee.  I’ve never had to do this so it’s strange for me.
Food cravings:  Carbs.  I try to bring healthy lunches to work but all I want is carbs.
Symptoms:  Ok where do we start. 
·        Boobs are still super sore. 
·        Fatigue has started but I don’t think it’s as bad as it could be. Sometimes feel a bit sick. 
·        When I have to pee in the middle of the night I really have to push it out.  Apparently this has something to do with a tipped uterus. 
·        Sore back. 
·        Hormones are making me crazy.  Luckily for everyone else I tend to get angry and hold it in so I don’t think anybody has noticed. 
·        Oh and cramps off and on.  Apparently this is normal, who knew? 
·         Crazy dreams!  Super detailed and they happen every single night if not multiple times a night.
So there’s a lot of little stuff going on, but overall it hasn’t been too bad yet and nothing is bothering me too much!  I just like to take note of all these symptoms because it means I'm actually pregnant!
What I miss:  The ability to drink regular coffee.  I had quit coffee while trying to get pregnant because it was supposed to help (maybe it worked too!) and then when I got pregnant I figured there was no point in starting back up.  Plus the more caffeine you drink the higher your chance of miscarriage.  But right now I’m drinking my first semi-caffeinated coffee in about 3 months….
What I'm loving:  Being pregnant
What I'm looking forward to:  Still our ultrasound!  I just want to see that heartbeat so badly!
Best moment this week: Well maybe not the best, but the weirdest….I was at a work baby shower and the following comments were made: “Who else is pregnant? Let’s talk about this!” and “Kaileigh is mad that Lyndsay and Connie got pregnant and she has to wait”  These comments drove me nuts when I was trying to get pregnant.  Now I’m sitting there hoping they can’t tell anything from my expression.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little bit behind on blog reading, so CONGRATULATIONS!!! So exciting. And I can't even believe people would say stuff like that at your co-worker's baby shower. Actually, I can believe it, because I hear stuff like that all the time, but it continues to baffle me. People can be so clueless sometimes!

    ReplyDelete