Tuesday 16 September 2014

Bump Date: 16 Weeks



What Fruit are you? An Avocado
Next appointment:  18 Weeks
Gender:  I’m still feeling girl.  Ryan hasn’t thought about it much, but he says girl too.
Total weight gain/loss:  I tend to not weigh myself between appointments.  Although I don’t want to gain too much weight, to some degree it’s not something I can control, so I don’t want to obsess over it.
Exercise: This week I did some weights, some spin bike and I went to my first prenatal class.  I was the least pregnant person there and probably had the most experience with yoga, so I felt like I could push myself a bit harder than the rest of the women there.  Which was weird, I didn’t want to seem like I was showing off.  But at the same time, before I have that big ol’ belly I might as well work hard.
Stretch marks:  Nothing yet.
Maternity clothes:  A girl I work with who has a 2 week old gave me a whole bag of clothes, and man are those pants comfy!  I think I’m going to take some to my conference this week to wear.  I have bought a few shirts and have a few more ordered, but haven’t started wearing them yet.
Sleep: No complaints.  Except if I’m going to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I would rather it happen at 3am then 5:30 when I only have half an hour left to sleep!
Food cravings:  Still just food!  I had been craving chicken wings, so Ryan and I went out on Friday for them and some hot fudge cake.  In Ryan’s words “that’s one happy preggo”
Symptoms:  Not very many of them really.  My back has been pretty sore.
Movement:  Nothing yet.
What I miss:  My body. This stage has been pretty tough for me.  I know that it’s all part of pregnancy and I knew that the feeling fat stage would come, but as an avid exerciser who works hard on my body it’s been hard to get dressed in the morning and feel good about myself.
What I'm loving:  Pregnancy in general.  Even though lately I haven’t felt pregnant at all and wonder if there’s still a baby in there, pregnancy seems to really agree with me.  I could do this 3 more times Ryan! (hint hint)
What I'm looking forward to: Having a bump of course! 
Best moment this week: Ryan and I finally agreeing on names.  We aren’t going to share them, and there’s still the possibility that they could change I guess, but for now our names are picked!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are looking great!! So great that you guys already have names! We were still decided the day Sam was born! ha ha! Eventually, after watching me through labor, I won on my favourite name! haha

    ReplyDelete