Tuesday 22 April 2014

#introvertproblems

I avoid my local grocery store like the plague. 

Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme, but I do try to avoid it as much as possible and here's why.

I'm from a small town.  I generally go grocery shopping on my way home from work, which is in a different town, or in the city.  I rarely see anyone I know there.  On the other hand, if I go grocery shopping in the town I went to high school in, I see somebody from high school pretty much every single time.  

This may not be an issue for some people.  But for introvert me, it's just a social situation that I would rather avoid.  I just like to get in and get out when I'm grocery shopping with little to no human interaction.  I have been out of high school for 9 years, if I wanted to see somebody from high school, I would make the effort to see them.

So I'm walking through the grocery store last night and I meet up with this guy that I worked with in another life.  We were never friends or anything, more just acquaintances.  So then it leaves me wondering do I say hi?  Do I just keep walking?  What will he do?  Well he said hi, and I was actually surprised.  I guess he isn't one to avoid social situations like me....


{via}
This is the small town problem.  I love my town, I enjoyed high school, but sometimes I just hate running into people I know everywhere.  I don't know whether to say hi, or to stop and talk.  How long can you spend catching up in a grocery store?  Stopping to talk really screws up my 15 minutes in and out plan....

Maybe I'm the minority here, but when you grocery shop, do you want to see people you know?
{via}
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment