Friday 13 December 2013

What Christmas Means to Me



I'm going to do a little Christmas series over the next 12 days leading up to Christmas.  This is a pretty huge commitment for me, so hopefully it works out.  So on the first day of Christmas, I'm telling you about what Christmas means to me.


Christmas means family.  That's what I love most about this season, despite how busy it is, it's a time of year when we make time for each other.  We run around like crazy trying to prepare, cram a ton of different activities into a short time frame, and we enjoy every second of it.

It's not about the gifts, it's about the giving.  I heard this year that just buying something for somebody boosts your happiness level, regardless of the cost of it, whether it is $5 or $100.  And I think that's true.  As a kid you just wanted gifts.  Now I love buying gifts and watching people open them.  I love getting somebody something that they really wanted, or getting something that they didn't ask for, but love. 

There's just something about this time of year that is magical and makes me feel so much joy.  The snow doesn't even bother me.  This may be because it's the beginning of the season and I'm not sick of it yet, but every time it snows it's just bring us that much closer to a white Christmas. 

Every year, I love the Christmas season more and more.  I hope that never changes.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment