Wednesday 6 November 2013

A Dress That May or May Not Fit

So I tried to start a tradition last year that I would try my wedding dress on every year on our anniversary.  So I obviously couldn't give up on it already by our second anniversary.  My mother in law had her dress on at their 25th anniversary party, so that's my goal!  I didn't actually make Ryan do it up this year, so it probably could have fit better than it did.  But I also didn't really want to find out if we couldn't get it done up.  It was just better for everyone this way.  It did fit over my hips, so that's something, right?

Pipsi liked the dress even more this year than she did last year because of the tie up string.  She thought that was tons of fun!

Looking at last year's post, I had mentioned that I should maybe get it cleaned.  Can you still get a wedding dress cleaned after 2 years?  It's not that bad, just the bottom is a bit dirty from dragging around on the ground all day.  I didn't do it right away because I had wanted to do a trash the dress photoshoot, but that didn't happen. 
It looks like I photoshopped her in to make her look like a giant, but she's actually right in front of me


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Aww look at her with the string!! So cute. It's a really pretty dress. I bet you could still get it cleaned, usually those wedding dress preservers work miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 100% sure that my dress wouldn't fit if I tried it on, but it's been 7 years, so I mean, 29 is much different than 22! I got mine cleaned right away, and put in the special "preservation" box. And now I don't know what to do with it, because it's in a box and wrapped up in plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is gorgeous! I love the idea of trying it on every year and then wearing it at your wedding anniversary. Makes so much more sense than spending a ton of money on it and never wearing it again!

    ReplyDelete