Monday 21 October 2013

A Weekend With Harry

I finally checked something off my 30 before 30 list that I have been wanting to do for a while.

I watched all 8 Harry Potter movies in one weekend. 
ohhelga:

The Potter Generation (X)
15. Favourite Dumbledore Quote

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?”
How I feel about Harry Potter {via}

I know that people who don't get Harry Potter won't get this goal.  I don't really get why I wanted to do it.  Probably because I love Harry Potter.  And it was fantastic!  It wasn't easy, and it took a lot of commitment!  But I'm actually really glad I did it.  Of course while I was watching, I worked out, folded laundry and took breaks to eat and do a bit of cleaning.  Ryan was also away this weekend, so it was a great weekend to sit around and do (almost) nothing.

It's interesting watching all of the movies back to back, because you notice different things than when they are spread out.  There are some continuity issues and scenery that isn't consistent from one movie to the next.  I also feel like I noticed more things that were missing from the books.

Yes, I have an unnatural obsession with Harry Potter, but the release of the books and movies spanned over 14 years.  That's more than half my life that I was enthralled by this series, and that's kind of a big deal.  It's pretty amazing actually the impact that one story can have on your life.

I will leave you with this, the best line of the entire series:
Epic Harry Potter scene is epic
{via}

 And the second best line goes to:
{via}
Confession: I almost didn't watch the last hour of the last movie, because I was running out of time.  But I stayed up last night and watched it.  So glad I did because it reminded me of how well done it was!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment