Thursday 12 September 2013

Social Media Changes

Discuss ways that blogging and social media has changed you is what I'm supposed to talk about today for Blogtember.

Let's start with social media, shall we?  Back when I first got Facebook, it was restricted to people in university.  I actually had to use my university email address to register for it.  No university email address, no Facebook.  Nobody worried about security because you knew that everyone in the world couldn't look at your pages.  Facebook did wonders for meeting people in University because you just add them to The Book of Face and that's it, you are friends and can therefore talk to each other in class!  It's not the same anymore, and sometimes that makes me sad.

Blogging is a different story.  I've talked about it before, but blogging has opened my eyes to what's going on in the world.  I read about struggles with death, pregnancy, having a spouse in the military.  I read blogs from a single girls point of view, a married girl, a mother.  It has made me aware of what people are going through, and no matter what I am going through myself, there is somebody online that I can relate to.  I love that.  It makes you feel that you aren't alone.  Some days reading blogs makes me feel blessed, because there are people out there who are going through really tough times, and I'm just thankful for everything that I have in my life. 
someecards.com - May the blogs be EVER in your favor!

It's really crazy when you think about this world of blogging.  All these people sharing their lives with whoever wants to listen.  It's fantastic and it's scary at the same time.  None of us will do it forever.  In five years will any of us have blogs or will it be old news?  Who knows.  But for now, it's kind of nice.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment