Tuesday 10 September 2013

A Moment in Time

Today's Blogtember challenge is to describe a distinct moment in time when you life took a turn.

I believe that your life changes because of the decisions that you make and so every decision may have been that distinct moment.  And, these moments might relate to different things. 

My career took a turn when I was completing my final co-op term and was told in the last week that they didn't have a position for me in January.  I had fully expected to return there and work towards my CA designation.  Because of that moment, I had to search for a new job and now am working in industry towards my CGA designation instead.  Is where I am now better for me?  Maybe.  I never wanted to be a workaholic.  I know that I want to have kids someday, and I know that my family is going to be more important than my job.  So having my CA and working as a manager in an accounting firm for the rest of my life maybe wasn't for me.

I also think my life took a turn when I decided to pursue Ryan.  That's right, I pursued him.  He took some convincing too.  Granted, he had a lot more to lose.  He works for my dad's company and so if we had of broken up, it could have gotten weird.  Had I not done that, who knows where we would be.  I'm not sure that I believe in soul mates.  I believe that there are a number of people that you could be happy with and it all depends on timing.  It was the right timing for both Ryan and I.  We were both single and we were both ready to settle down.  If one of you aren't ready to settle down, that throws the whole thing off.

So there are two moments in time that I think changed everything for me!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment