Tuesday 17 September 2013

A Memory

Today I am posting about a memory that I would love to relive. 

I would love to relive France.  When I was 17, I went on a three month exchange to France.  I feel like my enjoyment of this experience was hindered by the fact that I had a boyfriend at home.  I can't fully say that I wish we hadn't been together, because a lot of where I am today is because of that relationship.  However, I think my experience would have been very different if I had been single.

First of all, I could have had a French boyfriend.  And how cool would that have been.


But also I was just very homesick.  It took me about 2 months to get over being homesick and really enjoy being there.  And when you only have 3 months, that's not good.

I did still learn a lot about myself while I was there, and it was an experience that completely changed me.  But if I could go back and do it again, I think that I might enjoy my time a bit more.  And I love the idea of immersing yourself in the culture.  I don't just want to go back and visit Paris (but I would do that too), I want to really live there again, and walk the streets and be with French people.  Sometimes I just miss it.  It's amazing that it was only three months almost 10 years ago and I still miss it.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment