Tuesday 13 August 2013

Sugar Free Banana Bread

 So by Saturday, which was about day 5 of being sugar free, I was really just craving some carbs.  So I went on a hunt for sugar free recipes.  I found that a lot of them contained either splenda or stevia, neither of which I had.  But then I found this banana bread recipe on a friend's facebook page.  It does contain honey, but as I allow natural sugar, it's allowed!  So I realize that I'm kind of cheating and this was exactly what I was trying to avoid, but this banana bread may be preventing me from eating desserts, so I will let it go this time.

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs beaten
3 mashed bananas

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
3.  In a separate bow, mix applesauce and honey.  Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well moistened.
4.  Stir banana mix into flour.  Stir just to moisten
5.  Pour in loaf pan and bake 60-65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.

Even Ryan doesn't think that this is bad.  It was actually pretty moist and despite a still rather high calorie count it contains much healthier ingredients than regular banana bread.
.
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment