Wednesday 7 August 2013

Healthy Living

Calories Towel
 
The other night, in order to weigh the dog, I had to step onto a scale myself.  Bad idea.  I rarely weigh myself because I have a tendency to obsess over the number that shows up, and this time was no different.  As much as I wish that I had never stepped on the scale, it may have been the wake up call that I needed.  I was aware that I had maybe put on a few pounds, but I wasn't aware that it was 10 in the last few months.
 
As much as it's just a number, I haven't been feeling good about myself lately.  My clothes are tighter, I have a little pooch and I know that I have been giving into my cravings too often.  I have a major sweet tooth, and there was a time where I learnt to control it.  But lately, I have lost control a bit.  And the thing about sugar is, the more of it that you eat, the more you crave it.
 
So I'm trying to go sugar free.  Not 100% sugar free, but more than what I'm used to.  I will still eat some fruit, although I will try to limit it.  I'm not buying breads that are sugar free or anything like that.  But, I am trying to cut out those treats and even the snacks that I take to work that are predominately sugar.  Wine is also out.  I'm going to see how this goes for a couple of weeks and hopefully my sugar cravings will subside a little bit and I will feel that I have a bit more control over my food intake.
 
Wish me luck!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment