Tuesday 25 June 2013

Deliciousness on a Graham Cracker

First off, my goal for the summer is to work on my photography.  I'm not taking any courses and I think that it would be a great time to really focus on learning something new.  I also want to learn how to take better photos of food.  Some people out there have such great food pics an mine are just blah.  Half of the problem is that I'm usually too impatient and want to eat it before I take pictures of it.  Oops.

For the roofing event, I made these S'more Cookies.  My mom makes them all the time and they are deliciousness.  I'm not sure where she originally got the recipe from, but I googled it and found one on the blog The Girl Who Ate Everything just to make sure that I was kind of doing it right.  On that blog, she makes the chocolate chip cookies from scratch.  We use a roll of Pillsbury cookie dough, it makes these cookies quick and easy.  What more do you want from a recipe?


What you need:
Graham Crackers
Mini marshmallows
Plain chocolate bars - I used Jersey Milk
Pillsbury Cookie Dough

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lay out the graham crackers on the cookie sheet.  Scoop tablespoons of cookie dough onto the graham crackers.  I put a bit too much on, they don't need to be large tablespoons.

Cook for 5 minutes.  Take out and press one square of chocolate into the middle of the cookie.  Add some mini marshmallows around the outside.  Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the cookies look done.

And that's it!  Easy peasy.  One of the great things about these cookies is that they are pretty rich and so you usually only need to eat one at a time.  Which is good, because they may or may not be the most healthy treat around.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment