Wednesday 7 November 2012

Wedding: The Ceremony

The ceremony is kind of the forgotten about part of a wedding.  Which is sad, because it's kind of the part that matters.  So much time and thought is put into every aspect of the reception and the ceremony is just kind of there. 

I did put a lot of thought into my ceremony though.  I wanted it to be enjoyable for everyone.  I don't know if I succeeded, but I tried. 

We made pew bows out of peacock feathers.  They were a struggle!  It took us a long time to make those things.  You strive for perfection and then you realize that when there are 20 of them in the church, nobody is going to notice if one isn't straight. 
Our programs were lovely.  It helps when you have a cousin who works for a printing compnay. 

Our little people were perfection.  They held hands all day.  I still smile every time I see a picture of the two of them.  And a little boy in a suit?  Is there anything cuter?

My dad walked me down the aisle, and my mom met as at the front to give me away.  I liked this touch because in reality they were both happy to be getting rid of me!  One down, two to go is what they were thinking in this picture.
I love this picture of Ryan.  Good job photographer man.

When my sister was told to sign, she asked me "Are you sure you want me to sign this?"  It was pretty funny.  I don't think the minister got the joke.  I let her sign it, clearly.
Oh ya, did I mention that I cried through the whole thing?  I was that girl.  I was surprised at how emotional I was.  It started when I was walking down the aisle and every single one of my bridesmaids was crying.  And it didn't stop.  I think I cried off and on all day, it was insanity.
Something that cannot be described through pictures on my blog was the music.  I put so much thought into the music.  We had two amazing musicians play songs like Marry Me by Train, Feels like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk and 1234 by the Plain White T's.  I just wish I could have been sitting in the back listening to the music because I wasn't in the room for most of it!

Luckily we did have a videographer, so we caught some of the music on tape and have the entire ceremony.  I think that it's so important to have it on tape because you forget so much afterwards.  Speaking of which, I should really watch that tape!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. These are all so sweet. The more time I put into planning the more I realize I want to focus on the ceremony itself as well! I was in my friend's wedding about a year ago but she bawled seriously the entire time. Her face was red and blotchy in every picture so consider yourself lucky that your cry was a little more acceptable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Ryan looks so serious in that picture with you in the foreground! And I'm with Genna -- you look gorgeous, even if you were crying the whole time! You're so lucky to be a pretty cryer :)

    ReplyDelete