Tuesday 4 September 2012

Not Back To School

Today is the day when the University students are back at school.  At my University, this was an O-Week Day.  Actual classes don't start until Thursday.  That's right, 2 whole days of Frosh action!

Brock University - The Tower

Anyways, this day has got me to thinking about how much I miss University and how much I don't.

Things I miss about university:
  • My job: I worked at the campus convenience store.  It was an amazing job and I worked with some great people.  I made some life long friendships there.
  • Freedom: Having the weird schedule gave you free time in the middle of the day.  I liked the inconsistency.  I could work out in the middle of the day, watch tv in the middle of the day, go to the grocery store....it was great.
  • 
    The room where I spent most of my time in my first purchased home
  • Free Coffee: From above job.  FREE. COFFEE.  It was great.
  • Having something that was my own: I felt like Brock and St. Catharines were my own.  I was proud of the fact that I had something separate from the rest of my family.  Something else defined me besides just being a part of the family I'm from in our small town.
  • Having so much time to study: This isn't so much the case when I'm working full time and taking courses
  • The gym being so convenient: I could go to the gym between classes.  I loved that.


Things I don't miss:
    
  • The inconsistency: Yes part of me like it.  But there's something to be said for having to get up and get going at the same time every day.  
  • Always having to be studying: You never ever feel ok about not studying.  There is always more that can be done.  I missed reading my own books while I was at school.
  • Being 2 hours away from home: Especially when I started dating Ryan.  Going home on weekends also decreased my productivity.
The one thing I regret....graduating so early.  Ryan Gosling was at convocation this year.  (His mom was graduating).  Why do I have to be so smart?
A few shots were had during my years

Overall I'm glad it's done.  It was great while I was there, but I was ready to be done at the end of it.   
 
Some second year roomies


No comments:

Post a Comment