Wednesday 8 August 2012

The Liebster Award

I was recently nominated for The Liebster award by Sarah at Eat. Bake. Sew. Love.  It is an honour that she reads my blog and chose me for this, so I am going to try and carry it on.
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  I guess that would be me!

What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.  (I did less than 11 because it's hard to come up with 11 with the 200 follower constraint)
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

Here are my questions:
1. What's your favourite flavor of ice cream?
This is tricky.  I love ice cream.  Ryan and I mostly eat vanilla ice cream at home.  It goes with everything, you can add whatever you want to it, it's just a good fall back.  But I also love cookie dough ice cream and mint chocolate chip.  I could talk about my love for ice cream for hours.
2. Where was the last place you went on vacation?

A real get out of town vacation would be New York City.  If you want to count my last work vacation, it would be up to the cottage last week.
3. What's your favourite mixed drink?

Long Island Iced Tea.  I always want something different when I go to a restaurant but know that I will never be disappointed by this one.4. Favourite childhood memory?
Probably just camping with my family in general. Or going up to the cottage with the extended family.  Lots of fun times.
5. Favourite Summer Olympics sport?Rowing.  I wish that I had started Rowing in university.  It looks so neat.  I was actually looking into it recently, and there is a rowing club nearby that I'm hoping to try out soon.  Olympics, here I come!


6. How long does it take you to fall asleep at night?
I feel like it takes me about an hour sometimes.  Usually I read and that puts me to sleep.  Ryan falls asleep in about 30 seconds. 
7. What time do you get up most mornings?
6:30am.  Way too early for my liking.  But I also like to be somewhat relaxed in the morning, so I give myself an hour to get ready and get out the door.
8. How long is your commute to work/school?
I have a one hour commute to work.  The drive there isn't so bad, but at the end of the day I really just want to be home, and not driving.
9. What did you eat for supper last night?
Vegetarian lasagna.  I thought it was good.  Ryan thought it was weird.  In the end I decided I think I paid way more for the ingredients and spent way too much time cooking it when I could have bought a $10 lasagna from the grocery store.  Live and learn.
10. When was the last time you exercised? What did you do?

Last night, I pulled out the latest I'm going to watch Vampire Diaries and work out.  I did this workout that I found on Pinterest. It doesn't look like much but it works you pretty hard.




11. Why do you blog?
I started blogging to document our home renovations.  I haven't done an overly good job at that side of it, but now it's really just a hobby.  It keeps me entertained, and it makes me appreciate all of the things that are going on in my life and how blessed I really am.

So there we have it.  My questions are answered.  Now I have to come up with 11 of my own.

1. What is your favourite TV show?
2. Do you want kids? If you have kids, do you want more?
3. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
4. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
5. Where is your dream vacation?
6. What time do you typically go to bed?
7. Have you ever met a famous person?
8. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
9. Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics?
10. Coffee or Tea?
11. If you could live in a different city, which one would it be?


I have come across these blogs recently and they are all fantastic. So here are the bloggers that I am tagging, go check them out!
Most What Matters, Finding my ForeverThe Days When I'm Not a Nurse, Dirt Bikes and Diamonds, My Best Friends Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment