Tuesday 7 August 2012

My Little Bird Leaves the Nest

It's back to work for me this morning.  After almost a week and a half off, it's going to be tough.  Getting out of bed was half the battle though I think.  And on the bright side, I love how busy I will be after coming back from holidays.  So many emails to go through!  I know I'm one of the weird ones who enjoys this.  But today I'm here to talk about a lovely wedding.

Michaela got hitched this weekend!  I call her little bird mostly because she calls me big bird, and because she is so little.  See how much shorter than Dan she is? And she was wearing some killer heels.  They had a beautiful ceremony.  I did a reading and thought I was going to throw up.  I also did the video.  I think being behind the camera is more my style.  I was quite comfortable there.
They had a beautiful ceremony.  I think that the highlight for me, was when Dan's parents and sister sang Chantal Kreviazuk's Feels Like Home.  It is my favourite song, and I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version and it was our last dance at our reception.  Now I wish I could go back and hire Dan's family to sing it at my wedding because they were phenomenal.  It brought tears to my eyes! 

So Mic and Danno got married.  A day I know they have been waiting for for a very long time.  Like us, they didn't live together.  So Sunday night was their first night living together as Husband and Wife.  I am so excited for them to start their lives together!  It seems like a rarity these days for couples to do the living together thing in this order, and I think that it's so much more exciting to be starting a new chapter together after your wedding.
On to the party!  Mic loves a good party, and a good party it was.  She looked gorgeous, Dan looked handsome.  Wine and beer was flowing.  Ryan and Mic showed off their dance moves, as they usually do.  One problem - the hall had the heat on instead of the air conditioning and it was a 30 degree day.  This caused the slightly frizzy mess that you see below.  I guess more hairspray was required.  But we made it through!  It was a great day, and I can't wait for the future dinners that Ryan and I will have with this awesome couple!  Make sure the Catch Phrase is ready Michaela!


No comments:

Post a Comment