Thursday 9 August 2012

I'm a Yogi

I don't know if someone who takes a six month yoga break can consider themselves a yogi.  I don't know what happened.  I just was down to one pass, didn't want to take the time to go to a class and didn't have money to buy more passes.  Yoga is expensive you know!

But....I went back.  And it's my new resolution to go once a week again.  I don't go more than this because the studio is half an hour from home and I have to kill an hour and a half after work to go on my way home, so once a week is basically my limit.

So Wednesday was my first day back in forever.  I was scared.  Yoga is hard.  It's hot yoga that I do, and when you aren't used to the heat and haven't been in it for awhile, sometimes dizziness takes over.  But not this time it didn't!  I was phenomenal.  I was balanced.  I was flexible.  I didn't have to take any breaks.  It might have been because it was a brand new teacher and it was easier than most classes....but I prefer to think that I'm just awesome.

I came out of the class feeling energized and refreshed.  Happier.  Proud of myself.  Yoga gives you this indescribable feeling.  If I could do it 7 days a week, I would.

It's good to be back.
This isn't me.  But I do know her.  It's the lovely Pauline from Power Yoga Canada

2 comments:

  1. i just love yoga :) the way i feel afterwards is amazing
    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the relaxation type of yoga, but I've historically had a hard time with the for-exercise type. I think I was too out of shape for it probably. Maybe if I tried again I would like it? I did buy a rec center pass that lets me try lots of classes without committing to any, so maybe now's my chance! :)

    ReplyDelete