Monday 20 August 2012

An Extra $70 in My Pocket

First off blog world, I'm disappointed in you.  Typically on Monday mornings, I wake up and sign onto my feed to find new posts from everyone.  There were only two this morning.  Hopefully my feed will be flooded later today or I won't know what to do with myself.  Now onto my actual post...

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.  I won $116 on Friday in the 50/50 draw at work.  I'm not generally a winner so this was tres exciting.  First thing Ryan and I did was go out for dinner.  Now I have $70 left to do as I please.  But it's a super hard decision.  There are so many things that I want that I don't buy because it's just not in the budget.  I can't buy all of those things for $70.
I could buy the Harry Potter 8 disc set.  I have been asking for this since it came out, but nobody will buy it for me for birthdays or Christmas because they think it's dumb.  But I really want it.  The regular set is $70.  The blu ray is $110.  But if I buy it off EBay, I could probably get the blu ray for close to $70.  I'm not sure that I trust EBay though....I had a bad experience once.
I also really really want a Papasan chair.  We rearranged the basement this weekend and I know that it will fit now.  I figure I can buy the base of Kijiji and save about $40 there, and I'm hoping that this green cushion matches the room.  However, this may be something that I could justify spending money on in the future because it is "for the house".  But I kind of want it now.
Pier 1
12 hours later....

I took a break from writing this post to go to yoga, buy a Papasan cushion (not with my winnings), eat and have Sunday Funday with my family.  This involved them eating steak and nachos with cheese and a delicious dessert with pudding in it, while I ate chicken, no nachos and cheese and the delicious dessert without the pudding.  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, I can't eat beef or dairy for a month.)  But thanks mom for making me a special meal!  I do appreciate it, I just love me some steak.

OK so, I asked Ryan's opinion and he said to spend it on the chair.  Apparently he didn't know that I wanted Harry Potter and said that's a Christmas gift....geez Louise.  So my next question is, do I buy a new chair or a chair off Kijiji. 

Here are the facts:

Kijiji Chair
  • approx $50
  • light brown

Pier 1
  • on sale for $100, regular $120
  • dark brown as seen above
  • richer looking

The savings seem worth it.  And I did just spend $77 on the cushion.  But I love the dark colour....I may be the most indecisive person ever.  Somebody tell me what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment