Wednesday 11 July 2012

Bathing it Up


via

 
First of all, I'm not completing my 15 day challenge tasks, because I'm having a hard time coming up with good answers for them, and I don't want to post something just for the sake of it.  Plus I happen to have other things I can write about! 

This past weekend I attended a Bachelorette party for my friend, Michaela.  We did some wine tastings, had a dinner out, and went to the bar at the Blue Mountains in Collingwood.  It was a great time.  On Sunday morning, we went to the Scandinave Spa, and now I am craving going back. 

The Scandinave Spa is a bath spa.  There is a steam room, a sauna and a couple cold pools and hot pools.  You are supposed to spend 15 minutes in a heat source and then get into the cool pool to lock in the heat.  Then you relax outside on one of their chairs. 

It was a beautiful day and so we stayed for about three and a half hours.  We did the whole rotation a number of times, trying out each of the heat sources.  I may have gotten slightly sun burnt despite the fact that I did put on sunscreen.

It was uber relaxing though, and a great activity for a nice day.  You are cut off from the world with no cell phone to distract you.  I just want to go back with a good book.  Instead I'm sitting inside at work and time is moving slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment