Tuesday 1 May 2012

Green Velvet Cupcakes

I made some green velvet cupcakes last night night.  What's that you say? It's red velvet but with green food colouring instead of red.  I figured out why we make red velvet cupcakes.  Because green looks nast.  They should be called dino poop drop cupcakes.  They aren't my best work, but they didn't taste awful either.  And I liked it because the recipe didn't have anything in it that I didn't have in my house (besides the red food colouring that is).

I got the recipe from Joy The Baker.

Her icing is prettier than mine, I know.  I didn't make the icing from scratch because I had a half a can of cream cheese frosting in the fridge. 

I will work on my esthetic appeal of my baking, and my food photography since I'm not skilled in either. 

Hint: You can make 1/2 cup of buttermilk by mixing 1/2 a tbsp of vinegar with the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment