Monday 19 March 2012

The Case of the Missing Contact

Even though I just posted, I feel the need to share this immediately. 

Yesterday morning, I put my contacts in, and then sat down at the computer and realised I couldn't see the screen.  So I went back to the bathroom and realised that one was no longer there.  (Actually both were no longer there, I have a feeling this is a sure sign that you have been wearing your contacts for longer than a month and it's time to switch them).  So I found the one contact by looking all different directions, and eventually I could see the little bit of blue and pull it out.  But the other one was no where to be found.  I started to wonder if I was losing it and hadn't put it in my eye at all.  Maybe my eye hurt so much from me poking around in there and lifting up my eyelid.  So I put on my glasses and carried on. My eye hurt all day, and I was sure the contact was in there, but everything online told me to just wait and it would come out by itself.

So this morning I wake up, and my eye is kind of gunky (yum).  It kept hurting all day, but by this point I figured no way was there a contact in there, I probably had an eye infection.

So after my last post, I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and started to take off my makeup.  That's when I felt it.  I opened my eye and there it was! The missing contact! All rolled up in a ball but still in my eye!

Finding my missing contact might have been the best feeling in the world.  So here is what I have learnt from this:

1. Be more diligent in making sure I only wear my contacts for a month. 
2. Contacts cannot get lost behind your eye, impossible, so no need to overly panic that your brain is going to have a new friend.
3. Eventually, it will come out.  Some people on the interweb said it happened while they slept, some just popped out, for me I guess it was the rubbing my eye with makeup remover.

I'm probably more excited about this then anyone else, but it's all worth it if just one person reads this who has lost a contact in their eye and are afraid that it will never be seen or heard from again.

No comments:

Post a Comment