- Baby is the size of a large butternut squash
- It is around 3 lbs but is within 3 inches of it's final birth length. Sounds more like a string bean to me!
- Baby is kicking up a storm in there some days. Other days it seems a bit lazier and I only get light kicks.
- I looked it up to see if there's a point where you should stop exercising in pregnancy, because I'm tired. That was just wishful thinking though, as long as I'm able I can exercise until delivery. I'm still physically able to do it, I'm just feeling lazy.
- I took Thursday off to go Christmas shopping in Toronto with my mom. We drove into a snow storm to do it, but it was worth it. I finished up my shopping plus got a bunch of stuff for the nursery at Ikea. It was a very successful trip. Although not a relaxing day off at all. I was exhausted at the end of the day and was so sore from all of the walking and standing!
- My belly button is getting a bit flatter but I'm not sure that it will ever pop out. That's ok with me.
- Feeling more and more anxious about birth and breastfeeding. Labour just looks bad, I know I can do it, and everyone says it's so worth it and they would do it a hundred more times. With breastfeeding everyone says it kills, I had to give my baby a bottle, it hurt for 6 weeks straight, yikes!
- We're in the third trimester. Craziness!
- I miss being able to bend over and having a body that works properly and isn't sore all the time. I have a massage next week (or this week since I'm a few days behind posting) so maybe that will help.
- It's almost Christmas! Just a week and a bit left until our last quiet Christmas as a family of 2!
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Thursday, 11 December 2014
This time of year is amazing, but it can be super stressful as well. As much fun as all of the parties and events are, it makes life extremely busy. Add in to that having to shop and get all of the gifts that you need. It can get stressful and so I personally need some ways to relax.
Number one on my list would be to enjoy a glass of wine when you get home from work. Of course this is not what I am doing at the moment, but if I could, I would! There's something about a nice glass of wine after a long day that is so relaxing!
Get a massage. Ok so I'm super busy and the last thing that I need is to add another appointment to my plate, but yet I have a massage next Wednesday. But I think that it will be worth it when it's done. And my body hurts, so I really need it.
Make time for crap TV. I love junky TV. The Real Housewives, Vanderpump Rules, whatever floats your boat. They are ridiculous shows, but watching these mindless shows can be very relaxing.
Be prepared. If you have a lot of gifts to buy, being organized and prepared is key to being less stressed. Make a list of who you need to buy for, what you have purchased and what you still need to get. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the gift buying until I wrote everything out and realized that I was actually doing pretty well in the gift department. I only have a few more small things to get, or I generally know what it is that I need to buy people.
For you preggos out there, sit back, relax and feel baby kicks. Nothing is more calming than feeling that little guy or girl kick you in the stomach, funny enough. (Except when I was trying to sleep in this morning because I have the day off and the baby decided I should be getting up!)
Don't book yourself too solid. For me, as an introvert, I need some me time. So if we have an event on a Saturday night, I don't make an effort to make plans on the Friday because I know it's too much for me. I would rather sit in on the couch, with a hot chocolate, my husband and a Christmas movie.
Enjoy the season, it only comes once a year!
Tuesday, 9 December 2014
- Baby is the size of a head of lettuce and weighs about 2 1/4 pounds
- This week the babies hair is growing. But according to my heartburn that started weeks ago I'm pretty sure it's been growing for awhile!
- I miss being able to exercise hard and really push myself. I feel like I could push myself more, but at the same time I don't want to push to hard.
- Some of my maternity pants felt tight this week. I don't like that.
- I was really tired this past week. Especially last Sunday I could barely function and then got emotional, or hormonal or maybe I was just over tired. I have no idea! But I've also felt kind of off all week like I'm fighting off a flu or a cold. 'Tis the season I guess.
- I thought maybe I had low iron, but since i had blood work last week for my glucose test they tested my hemoglobin as well. Both tests came back fine!
- Baby kicks so much these days and I'm loving that the kicks are higher up in my belly.
- This week I have my ultrasound to check whether my cervix is far enough away from the placenta. At my 20 week ultrasound it was pretty close to where it needs to be so I'm pretty confident that it will be fine.
- This week we were at the bank and asked if we had any dependents. Ryan said no. And then said "Well just one in the belly." I thought it was the funniest way to describe it!
- I watched a birth video this week.... like it showed everything. I was scarred and I kind of wanted to never have to do that. But I guess it's too late for that. I thought the video would prepare me since I feel completely clueless, but now I'm just scared!
- It's crazy to look back at what I looked like at 8 weeks and 18 weeks and how much I've changed. I look at what I looked like when I first got pregnant and it's hard to believe that my body looked like that. I'm kind of used to this Buddha belly now.
Thursday, 4 December 2014
Three weeks from today is Christmas morning. Isn't that crazy? Where has the time gone? Oh and four weeks from now we are in a whole new year.
This past weekend we went to our local Santa Clause Parade. We have a night parade and I absolutely love it. It's so much fun to see all of the floats lit up with Christmas lights. We met up with some friends there, who have a 6 year old and a 2 and a half year old. The younger boy was so excited to see Santa. He got up on his dad's shoulder and just kept looking for Santa. Finally he saw him and just started yelling "Santa! Santa!" and waving. I had forgotten the magic that is Christmas for children. Kids fully believe that Santa Clause is real and that the one riding on a local float is the real deal! And the look on his face when he saw Santa reminded me of that.
For adults the magic is different. Unfortunately I have come to the realization that there is no Santa Clause. Although some days I try really hard to believe it. But for us it's the feeling that we get this season. There's something about it that just makes me happy. Giving to others, being with friends and family, and just the general joy that seems to be in the air.
The other night as I was driving home from work, it was snowing lightly. The road was so pretty. Then I had a baby start kicking me from inside, and I felt truly blessed. There are so many things that I'm thankful for. But this year, I'm mostly thankful for what I'm experiencing right now. There are some days that are harder than others, but a year ago I was questioning whether I would ever get to experience pregnancy. And I'm truly happy that it's something that happened for me. What I went through to get to pregnancy is nothing compared to what some people are going through trying to start their family. And that little kicking 2 pound ball of baby is a daily reminder that I have so much to be thankful for.